"What Am I?" riddles provide a unique way of request one to recall exterior the box. The answers usually are not hands discerned and require some challenging thinking. In this article, we have "What Am I?" riddles for kids and adults. Nosotros too have a list of hard "What Am I?" riddles to really test your riddle solving power. The article ends with a drove of fun "Who Am I?" riddles for a change of pace. After y'all see how many you can reply, test your family, friends, and co-workers for fun and laughter.

Table of Contents

  • 1 "What Am I?" Riddles for Kids
  • 2 "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults
  • 3 Difficult "What Am I?" Riddles
  • 4 "Who Am I?" Riddles
    • 4.1 Related Posts

"What Am I?" Riddles for Kids

"What Am I?" riddles for kids demand to be easy enough a child can probably make a reasonable gauge, only even so provide a challenge. Also, kids like to laugh, so our option of "What Am I" riddles is designed to elicit laughter likewise.

  • I have lakes but no h2o, mountains but no stone and cities simply no buildings. What am I?

    A map

  • I am e'er hungry and will die if not fed, but whatever I bear on will presently turn ruby-red. What am I?

    Fire

  • I am easy to elevator just hard to throw. What am I?

    A plumage

  • I get answered fifty-fifty though I never ask a question. What am I?

    A door knock or doorbell

  • I'one thousand lite as a feather, still the strongest man can't hold me for five minutes. What am I?

    Your breath

  • I do not take wings, merely I tin can fly. I don't have eyes, but I will cry! What am I?

    A deject

  • I am bought by the thou but worn by the foot. What am I?

    A carpeting

  • I have no life, but I can die. What am I?

    A battery

  • I go around all the places, cities, towns, and villages, just never come within. What am I?

    A street

  • I will e'er come and never arrive today. What am I?

    Tomorrow

  • When the h2o comes downward, when it rains, I go upwardly. What am I?

    An umbrella

  • I plow once, what is out will not get in. I turn once again, what is in will not go out. What am I?

    A central

  • I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no torso but come alive with wind. What am I?

    An echo

  • I am wet when drying. What am I?

    A towel

  • I can fill a room, simply I have upward no space. What am I?

    Lite

  • I run, even so I have no legs. What am I?

    Your nose

  • No matter what, I come to y'all round, floating up, floating downwards. A single pop, I'chiliad on the ground. Then comes your unpleasant frown. What am I?

    A bubble

  • I am the only identify in the globe where today comes before yesterday. What am I?

    The dictionary

  • I have a long neck, am the proper name of a bird. I am on cargo of ships. I eat only am not alive. What am I?

    A crane

"What Am I?" Riddles for Adults

When i hears the phrase "adult humor," ane might think of sex activity, drugs, and stone and coil. Yet, our "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults is a collection of sense of humour not designed to make you blush, but to challenge your riddle solving abilities. See how well yous can answer these then share them with your friends at a party or other get-together.

  • I am always on the dinner table, just you don't get to consume me. What am I?

    A plate

  • I am often following you and copying your every move, yet you lot can never touch me or take hold of me. What am I?

    Your shadow

  • With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing forcefulness I crisis out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?

    A stapler

  • People take stepped on me, but non many. I never stay full for long. I have a night side. What am I?

    The moon

  • I am ever running, only never get tired or hot. What am I?

    The refrigerator

  • I take a caput much smaller than my long cervix. People who play with me selection at me and that'south fine. What am I?

    A guitar

  • If you take away one hand, some volition remain. What am I?

    Handsome

  • You can play me with cards, but don't burn me, residue glasses on me or walk across me. What am I?

    A bridge

  • Halo of h2o, tongue of wood, walls of stone, long have I stood. What am I?

    A castle

  • People brand me, salve me, change me, enhance me. What am I?

    Money

  • The shorter I am, the bigger I am. What am I?

    A temper

  • I brand a loud audio when I'yard irresolute. When I do modify, I go bigger, but I weigh less. What am I?

    Popcorn

  • Information technology can be said: to be gold is to be adept; to be stone is to exist nada; to be glass is to be fragile; to be cold is to be cruel. What am I?

    Your middle

  • I have keys, but no locks. I have space, merely no room. You can enter, just tin can't get inside. What am I?

    A keyboard

  • I am the merely vegetable that is never sold frozen, canned, candy, cooked, or in whatever other form merely fresh. What am I?

    Lettuce

  • My first is in chocolate, simply not in ham. My 2d is in cake and also in jam. My 3rd at tea-time is hands found. My whole is a friend who'south often effectually. What am I?

    A cat

  • I add lots of flavor and take many layers, just if you get also close, I'll make you cry. What am I?

    An onion

  • I don't have eyes, ears, nose, and tongue, just I tin can see, odour, hear, and taste everything. What am I?

    A encephalon

Hard "What Am I?" Riddles

Hard

Difficult riddles provide a challenge because they either have longer clues which take a few moments to read and remember nearly, or they have an unexpected respond. Our list should really crusade even the best riddle solver a few that seem unsolvable.

  • I am a discussion of five letters and people consume me. If you remove the first letter, I become a form of energy. Remove the outset two and I'k needed to live. Scramble the last 3 and you can drink me. What am I?

    Wheat, heat, swallow, tea

  • My proper noun seems harsh, merely I am notwithstanding and silent. You lot are supposed to consume me, merely some brandish me. My name is non easy to do to me because I am hard on the outside. What am I?

    A squash

  • It's good to stretch me and push my limits. The more than you use me, the stronger I get. When I am sharp, I'm at my best. What am I?

    Your brain

  • I run, simply I don't walk. I drip and drop, but I can't pick myself up. You accept to consume me and sometimes I surround you. What am I?

    Water

  • I sound like I could cutting you, but I'thou actually quite comfortable. I can be green or xanthous. I can be stiff or soft. I am a friend to bugs and as well bare feet. What am I?

    A bract of grass

  • I have a stalk, but I am not a flower. I accept a foot, just I cannot hop. Children are besides immature to hold me. What am I?

    A wine glass

  • I can be open or closed, or large or pocket-sized. I tin reveal the truth or hide it. I am almost always welcome and can spring up unannounced. Everyone has one, but not everyone shares. Laughter comes after me. What am I?

    A smile

  • I am round as a sphere, but then yous make me something else. I am i hundred yards long, or fifty-fifty longer. What am I?

    A brawl of yarn

  • You tin touch me, merely I can't touch you back. You can see me, just I merely reflect you and tin never decline you. What am I?

    A mirror

  • I can travel at about 100 miles per hour, but never leave the room. You can cover me upwardly, simply that doesn't slow me down. You will not know if I come up only once or once again and over again and again. What am I?

    A sneeze

  • Many times, y'all need me. The more than and more yous take me further, the more and more you lot leave me behind. What am I?

    Footsteps

  • The one who makes me does not need me, when he makes me. The one who buys me does non use me for himself or herself. The ane who uses me doesn't know that he or she is using me. What am I?

    A coffin

  • I don't have coin, though I do have banks. I feed others, though I don't swallow. Cross me if yous can, I won't be mad. What am I?

    The mouth of a river

  • Accept away my get-go letter, and I nevertheless sound the same. Accept away my last letter, I still audio the same. Fifty-fifty take away my letter in the middle, I will still sound the same. I am a 5-letter word. What am I?

    Empty

  • I have no basic and no legs, just if you keep me warm, I will soon walk abroad. What am I?

    An egg

"Who Am I?" Riddles

Now try a alter of step with another blazon of questioning riddle. Our "Who Am I?" riddles, as the proper noun implies, normally, only non always, involve guessing a person.

  • One-half of me will mend, the other half volition imprison. When I am together, I will poison. Who am I?

    Hemlock

  • Our dinner guests cry that we are evil, when they discover their identify in the meal. Merely it's no big bargain. We are just i big happy tribe that gets real fed up with people! Who are we?

    Cannibals

  • A man who lives in New York legally married 3 women. He did not become a divorce, an disparateness, or legally dissever. Who is he?

    He is a minister.

  • My first four letters describe all living things. My terminal five letters are another give-and-take for knight. My job is to save y'all, and I'm a fan of water. Who am I?

    A lifeguard

  • I craft crowns of gilt and bridges of silver. Who am I?

    A dentist

  • I carry a lot of secrets, happy or sad. I drive or walk to my destination rain or smooth to make sure I give yous what is truly yours. Everything that I bring with me is destined for only for one place which is decided in advance. Who am I?

    A mailman

  • I can help a minor, I can assistance a senior. I can take intendance of you, and no matter what your mood is, I always give you a happy face. I probably won't give you any advice, simply I am always grateful when you requite me tips. Who am I?

    A waiter/waitress

  • I wash, cut, and shave a dozen times a 24-hour interval withal I nonetheless have lots of hair. Who am I?

    A barber

  • Sometimes you are relieved to encounter me, and other times y'all run from me in fear. Sometimes I terminate you and sometimes I permit you go, simply whenever y'all need me, I am e'er a quick call abroad. Who am I?

    A police officer

  • I am small, have wings, and carry a weapon. I target people and once I practice, they're usually glad I did. February is the month in which I announced the nigh. Who am I?

    Cupid

  • I take wings and a wand. When yous lose something and go out it under your pillow, I go out y'all a prize. Who am I?

    The Molar Fairy

  • I grew up exterior gild. I am wild, my voice echoes throughout the jungle, and nature is my playground. Who am I?

    Tarzan

  • My beginning is a very uncomfortable state,
    In cold weather information technology mostly abounds.
    My second's an musical instrument formed of hard steel,
    That will cause the stout foe to stagger and reel,
    And when used, is a symptom of detest.
    My whole is an author of greatest renown,
    Whose fame to the last day of fourth dimension volition get down.
    Who am I?

    Shakespeare

We hope you have enjoyed our chosen "What Am I?" and "Who Am I?" riddles. We think we have establish some of the all-time ones out there. Plus, one unique feature of this type of riddle is that they are easy to remember, then yous can share them with family and friends. Have fun and riddle on!